[WriteLog] TS-850 PTT Problem

Mike McCarthy, W1NR w1nr at eecorp.com
Mon Aug 2 19:03:33 EDT 2004

Not exactly,
   My 4N35's would never PTT my 940, 850 or 950, but they work perfectly
keying the CW lines.  As for the split VFO, the 940 works fine.  On the
850 and 950, WriteLog sets both the VFO frequencies just fine, but fails
to switch it to "split".  Apparently, there is a different command to
engage the split VFO's between the 940 and the 850/950.
   To get around the PTT issue, I select PTT with "Command PTT over COM
port" in the CW PTT menu or use QSK/VOX.
   One of these days, I'll try to debug why Kenwood's PTT don't work
with opto-isolators.

Mike