[WriteLog] Keying Two Rigs

Barry Merrill barry at mxg.com
Sat Aug 7 12:49:23 EDT 2004

I'm really bummed out, 'cause it looks like that an external
keyer is an absolute requirement to have two radios with
WriteLog.

I have used COM1 to both Key and Rig Control the ICOM 756PROII.
I found I needed to use two COM ports for the Orion, one for keying,
and one for rig control.
Now, I want to control both radios, key/rig on COM1 for ICOM,
Key Orion on COM2, Rig Control Orion on COM3,
but I can see no way to set up that configuration.

The Port Selection for Keying only allows one COM port to
be selected, with no way to key Radio 1 on COM 1 when radio 1
is active, and to key Radio 2 on a different Com Port..

Any hope/help or must I have an external keyer?

Does any other contest program provide the facilities I want?

73

Barry, W5GN