[WriteLog] CW questions

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Mon Aug 9 19:22:01 EDT 2004

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:26:05 +0000 Jerry Flanders
<jeflanders at comcast.net> writes:

> At 13:20 1/31/04, Bob Naumann - N5NJ wrote:

> >F1        CQ - Run mode (what other mode would you call CQ in?)
> >F2        exchange
> >F3        tu qrz
> >F4        My callsign
> >F5        His callsign
> >F6        ?

Here is one slight change that will save you one
keystroke on every S&P QSO. Program one more memory:

F7 exchange %L

The %L will automatically log the qso after the s&p
exchange is sent. TR users (like me) are likely to
forget that final enter, since it's not needed with TR.
If you forget to log it, it gets overwritten and lost.

So the S&P sequence becomes:

Type a new callsign
Press the spacebar*
Press F4 (sends my call)