[WriteLog] New Multi Mode USB Interface - micro KEYER

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 10 19:18:33 EDT 2004

Thanks to Jozef for allowing me to be one of the testers of this unit although I
only received it last week.

I used it in last weekend's NAQP CW contest for CW keying and radio control
through a single USB connection.  It worked well.

Before the contest I tested keying FSK using WriteLog & the MMTTY plug-in with
success.  It appears to key perfect FSK but I will use it in SARTG next weekend
to confirm and report my results.  All my testing was done on a slow 200 mhz
Pentium I machine with 96MB of RAM under Windows 98se.  I can't wait to see what
it does on my Pentium 4, 2.66 Ghz PC with 1.0 GB of RAM.  Report forthcoming.

Read my comments on rttycontesting.com at
http://www.rttycontesting.com/microham/mk.htm.

I have no affiliation with microHAM other than having Jozef ask me to test the
keyer.

>From what I can tell, and I'm not finished testing for myself, it seems to be a
wonderful device for ham radio.  Looks cool too!

It appears microHAM got the USB thing right.  The link to the above page is on
the Tutorials page of rttycontesting.com for future reference.

73, Don AA5AU