[WriteLog] Omni V garbled CW

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 16 11:06:45 EDT 2004

"M. Edward Wilborne III" wrote:
> When WriteLog polls my Yaesu FT-890 for information, it mutes the radio
> completely and so I get no CW at all during that 1/2 to 3/4 second period.
> It's strange that WriteLog causes such a "drain" on the radio/CPU or
> whatever it's doing.
FWIW
This also happens with my OMNI VIB+. But the effect is caused also by
other programs I use. The key I have found in the other programs is to
reduce the polling speed. ( I have 3 choices High, Medium, and Low )
Setting it to Medium takes care of all the problems.

Maybe systematic to older radios.

73
Ed