[WriteLog] Install redux

Natan Huffman natan at twcny.rr.com
Thu Aug 19 17:33:04 EDT 2004

Steve,

Please see below:

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Baron - KB3MM [mailto:SteveBaron at StarLinX.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 4:28 PM
To: Natan Huffman
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Install redux

----- Original Message -----
From: "Natan Huffman" <natan at twcny.rr.com>
To: <writelog at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 20:22
Subject: [WriteLog] Install redux

> Dear Group,
>

> I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a reference or offer some help.
> Recently my 10 year old dedicated WL computer died (fatal HDD malfunction)
> and I've been forced to purchase a new contemporary HP computer as a

Not posible to just replace the disk ?

No......

> replacement.  I run a SO2R setup using the W5XD Multikeyer 1100 and the
dear
> new computer has but one serial port.  I'm having several challenges:
>

> 1/         I cannot get any version 10 to install even though I have a new
> serial number.

What happens when you try ?
Version 10 might pre-date XP and threfore have some issues.

It installs but won't accept  the serial number pasted into the field.

> 2/         Since I have but one physical serial port, I plan on using a
> cable to convert a serial to USB connection.  Is this reasonable?

What do you mean by a cable?  Just a cable?
Really need a USB to serial converter like Micro Ham

Yes, it is a serial converter cable.

Thanks,

Natan