[WriteLog] TCP/IP networking diagnostics for 10.51/10.50

W. Wright, W5XD w5xd at writelog.com
Sat Dec 11 15:06:36 EST 2004

There have been a couple of reports of problems with TCP/IP networking.
In hopes of gathering more information, I have added some diagnostic
information to a new version of the WriteLog networking components.
Here is an invitation to help try to track down what is going on.

1. You must already be running 10.50 or 10.51.

2. Download the patch:

http://www.writelog.com/Downloads/wlognet1052.zip

3. With WL not running, unzip the downloaded file into WriteLog's \programs
folder.
It will replace wlogne32.dll and WlogNetDde.exe

4. When you run WriteLog networking, every station in the network will
create
a log file in WL's \contest directory named wlognetdde.log. (That file was
also created by earlier versions, but now it should contain a little more
info relevant to the "not responding" messages reported.)

If you have a networking problem while running TCP/IP networking with WL,
please email me ALL the wlognetdde.log files from ALL the machines in the
network.

Thanks,
Wayne, W5XD