[WriteLog] Serial Port Addition/FSK

S. Markowski Jr. km9m-zig at comcast.net
Sun Dec 19 01:58:18 EST 2004

Like most everyone else with a laptop, I could use more serial ports. I
was wondering two things:
1st.  I remember reading that running FSK in WL with serial adapters
required the adapter to be capable of running 5-bit code......  Can
someone explain what this is in layman's terms?  If an adapter handles 5
-bit code, would it specifically say 5-bit code, or would a rating
above/below 5 bit indicate that?  I read about the card on the Quatech
site via Google, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Has anyone heard of/used a Quatech QSP-100 PCMCIA Card?  Have the
ability to buy one, but if I can't do FSK with it in WL, I won't bother.

Okay, I was wrong..... Guess I was wondering three things.

Thanks in advance, Happy Holidays, and 73,

Zig - KM9M