[WriteLog] SO2R Setup for WL / MMTTY

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Fri Dec 24 07:48:40 EST 2004

Al,

Let me be a little more correct than my previous message. Most sound cards
have a Stereo Jack for the Mic In connector. The tip is a mono input for
the microphone audio. The ring supplys a voltage for an electret type
microphone (which is what most computer microphones are). So if you use a
mono plug you would short out this voltage. To use this jack for your
dynamic microphone you would use a stereo plug but just connect between tip
and the shell ground. However the new Heil microphones for Icom are
electret type and can derive their voltage from the ring.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 08:01 PM 12/23/2004 -0500, Aldewey at aol.com wrote:
>Can anyone point me to a link explaining how to setup WL and MMTTY for SO2R
>using the right and left Mic Inputs on a sound card.  I think I understand
>the
>hardware setup but it's not clear to me how to set up WL and MMTTY.  Is there
>a particular Rev level of each I have to be at to make this work.
>
>Any suggestions appreciated as I get ready for the RU in January.
>
>73,
>
>Al, K0AD

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net