[WriteLog] FW: Ability to QSL numbers given to you by other stn

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Thu Feb 19 08:09:30 EST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:22:30 +0000, Jerry Pixton wrote:

>As a counter point, there were many times during the wpx when all that
>decoded correctly was the ? When I saw a ? amongst the garbage, I just sent
>a repeat automatically. Otherwise I sit there waiting for the other station
>to repeat, or I transmit an "again" on top of his qso.

We're getting down to some really fine points here, but hey, that's half
the fun.  The only objection I would have to sending ? is that it
requires a FIGS shift character, whereas NR doesn't.

That said, it really doesn't make that much difference.  Try it both
ways and see what works best.  And then try it a third way.  That's how
we learn things, or at least how I do.  :-)

--
73, Bill W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW