[WriteLog] update on log scroll

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Fri Feb 20 12:21:27 EST 2004

Don,

I just opened the wpx log on this computer while I read your email. With
the keyboard focus in the Call field of the entry window, I press Ctl+G,
and absolutely nothing happens! Since Ctl+G is labeled "Go to QSO..." I
would expect to be able to enter a qso number into some dialog window - but
there is no window. If I place the cursor in the log window, selecting a
qso and then press Ctl+G the highlighting of the qso disappears but again
no input window.

Now if I try the "File, find callsign in files...", I do get a dialog
window into which I can type "ve3xd". But rather than searching the current
OPEN log, I get another dialog window that says "Choose the file to search"
and if I then select the log that I am trying to search that dialog window
goes away but NOTHING else happens.

So here I have two capabilities that I assume would "scroll" my log that do
not work for me, and one that scrolls my log when I least expect it to.?????

Very puzzling.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 09:25 AM 2/19/2004 -0500, Don Cassel wrote:
>  Jerry,
>
>I have never had this happen either and have used WL extensively for several
>years. However the action you are describing can be invoked by pressing
>Ctrl-G which goes to the callsign in the log. Could you be having a keyboard
>issue of some kind that is creating the problem?
>
>73, Don VE3XD

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net