[WriteLog] update on log scroll

Don Cassel doncassel at compuserve.com
Fri Feb 20 08:10:39 EST 2004

Jerry,

How Ctrl-G works is you first type a callsign in the Call field
of the entry window. Then press Ctrl-G and it will go to that
call in the log. You can press Ctrl-G again to go to another
occurrence of the call.

This is clearly explained in the WL Help files as follows:

Goto a QSO
Using the Edit Goto QSO menu entry (or its keyboard shortcut CTRL+G)
searches through the logged QSOs for any call that contains the string in
the CALL field in the Entry window as a substring. (If you have more than
one Entry window open, the CALL field of the one that was active most
recently is used.) The search starts at the QSO following any highlighted
QSO, or at the first QSO in the log if none is highlighted. If a match is
found, the search stops at the match and highlights the matching QSO.

For all callsign searches, if you have a "?" or a "*" character in the CALL
field, then WriteLog performs a more restricted search. With these
characters, a match occurs only if every character matches except that:
?
matches any single character
*
matches any string of zero or more characters.
If you enter only digits into the CALL field and type CTRL+G, then the log
window scrolls to the QSO of that number in the log.