[WriteLog] ADI Callbook Question

Bill Metzger wmetzger at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 24 20:11:10 EST 2004

Hello,

I have been using Writelog now for about 2 years.  After each contest ends,
I export the data to an ADI file and then import it into DXBase 2004
(previously 2003).  DXBase is my master log and allows combining PSK/RTTY
contacts from MixW, SSB ragchew and casual contacts inputted directly and
then finally contest contacts.  Contesting generates the majority of my
QSO's.

Recently I generated a report to see where I stood on WAS, since in the ARRL
RTTY RU I had worked all but 2 States.  Surprisingly I found only a very few
States.  Looking into it further, I discovered that Writelog does not
identify the State for each QSO and thus does not put it into the ADI file.
Once I realized this, it was obvious since a callbook lookup is not set up
in Writelog like MixW.

I ended up looking up every record and manually inputting the State into
DXBase.  Quite a time consuming job.

So my question is for all the Writelog "experts", is there a way to have
Writelog look these up and insert the State.  I can't find anything in the
help file on this.  On the other hand, for those DXBase "experts", is there
a way to get DXBase to look each record up and insert the State.

Thanks in advance.

Bill
KF0OH