[WriteLog] 5 bit mystery unraveled

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Sat Feb 28 07:43:44 EST 2004

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 06:50:04 -0600, Bob Naumann - N5NJ wrote:

>For the time being, if you want to control your radio, and you want to run FSK, you will need 2 serial ports.

I wonder if it might be possible to make an AFSK to FSK converter?  A
simple detector which would be driven from the soundcard output,
detecting the mark and space audio tones and converting them to a DC
level suitable for driving the FSK input?  Perhaps a PLL type circuit?

It might miss a cycle or two of the 2125 Hz audio during switching, but
I doubt if the timing is that critical.  What do you think?

--
73, Bill W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW