[WriteLog] Audio Recording

Steve GW4BLE GW4BLE at btconnect.com
Sun Feb 29 19:04:59 EST 2004

I know queries like this come up every so often, but having checked the archives I am still not really sure on the definitive answer and also there's another query that I believe hasn't been addressed before.  So here goes....

1 - Recording of transmitted audio, in addition to received audio. Second part, i.e. received audio I have no problem with, but *how* can I record (and later playback) my own signal in addition to the station I am working?

Radios here are 2 x FT1000MP with the W5XD/K5DJ Multi-keyer. PC (HP Pavilion t461) has on-board sound (Realtek AC'97) for audio review, and a separate SB Live! 5.1 Digital dedicated for radio use using linein/out connections to each radio and Heil HC4 connected direct to the mic socket on the SB card.

2 - When clicking on "play audio from this QSO" in the log menu, is it possible to save the selected wav file for that contact to some other directory?  It would be nice to keep an archive of selected DX contacts somewhere rather than have to open WL each time. I appreciate the *whole* wav file (which could be several Mbits) could be played through Windows media player (or w.h.y.) but how about the small section for the selected QSO  - is that possible?

If you are able to help with these queries please post direct to the group as I am sure others would be interested too.

73

Steve
GW4BLE