[WriteLog] RTTY RU problems

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 5 19:09:34 EST 2004

Maybe I can clear up some of this...

>1st problem -- When I click on a callsign the QSO entry window is
>correctly populated, but the cursor then goes to the middle 9 in the
>RST column instead of the QTH column.
>I figure I've got something set wrong, but what?
>Click - Tab, or Click on the call and then in the QTH field.... Gets
>old really quick.

The cursor going to the RST field is normal.  For the Roundup, it would better
to see it go straight to the QTH field, but it really doesn't matter.  There's
no real problem with it in the RST field.  The software was designed to click
the QTH in the RTTY field and it automatically populates the QTH field
regardless of where the cursor is.  The only time you really need to type in the
QTH field is if you want to manually type it in.  The tab or space bar will move
the cursor to the QTH field as well.

>2nd problem -- I put my CQ message in F1. When I do an auto repeat CQ
>it won't stop CQing no matter which key I press. I have to get back to
>the menu and turn the auto CQ off.

The problem here is you set the timer too low in the auto-CQ window.  Remember
that the amount of time entered is the time from the beginning of one CQ to the
beginning of the next CQ.  So try a larger number.  I usually use 9 or 10 if I
have a short CQ message.  ESC should stop the auto-CQ.

73, Don AA5AU