[WriteLog] Wrong QTH

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Wed Jan 7 12:37:22 EST 2004

Dave,

What you say is partially true.

f the contest calls for the "province" of Newfoundland and Labrador, then
you are correct.

However, the RU breaks this into two multipliers, one for Newfoundland and
one for Labrador - so we want to use NF and LB. And NL has no meaning.

Sorry, we have to follow what the rules say

Jerry, W6IHG

At 06:09 PM 1/6/2004 -0500, Dave L Thompson wrote:

>Recently VO1 and VO2 were combined under one administration by Canada as
>Newfoundland/Labrador.
>The correct abbreviations was listed as NL.  The older previous
>abbreviations were NF and LB.   All three should be accepted.
>
>73 Dave K4JRB

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net