[WriteLog] Re: Trouble with COM2

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 8 15:56:44 EST 2004

Bob Naumann - N5NJ wrote:
> "The Radio will talk to WriteLog for perhaps a minute, then it stops".

I think Bob probably has hit the snake over the head. If multiple
requests from the radio to WL are not responded to, most radios will
then stop sending the request.

This is usually known as polling. With the OMNI VI, baud rate max is
19,200. But if I set Logger ( by K4CY ) to poll at its fastest rate,
it simply quits. And Logger has a utility built in which allows you to
observe the polling. Taking the setting down to medium cures all.

73
Ed