[WriteLog] More info on IC-765 frequency read problem

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jan 15 16:31:54 EST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:09:04 -0500, George Johnson wrote:

> If it goes away,
>circulating RF currents are probably the source.

I've cleaned up some rfi on computer interfaces by using CAT5 for the
connection. Twisted pairs are always better than non-twisted pairs for
RF rejection. The CAT5 I've used so far is un-shielded, and while an
improvement over the non-twisted, shielded cable, is still not
completely clean with all combinations of antennas and operating
frequencies. My next step will be shielded CAT5.

Jim K9YC