[WriteLog] New User Question on Transmit RTTY

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Mon Jan 19 12:12:12 EST 2004

OM,

The IC756 Pro II only uses FSK when in the RTTY mode so of course VOX is
not going to work. If you must use AFSK, (and I just had to do this switch)
then you must use the Lower Sideband Data mode. Which works just fine and
in fact, as was pointed out to me, has better RTTY filters then the RTTY
mode does.

At 11:48 PM 1/16/2004 -0500, W4NKviaARRL wrote:
>I'm using version 10.44B and trying to get Rttyrite to work with a Sony Vaio
>PCG-R505GL Notebook XL HE and a 756PROII.  I can decode with the internal
>sound board and only get a solid tone when keying on transmit.  I cannot
>find a way in the 756 RTTY mode to key via VOX so I've just been using the
>foot switch that goes to the mic.  I'm using the 756 ACC1 for the in/out.
>
>Any ideas?  TNX!

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net