[WriteLog] SSB keying problem

K4BEV at aol.com K4BEV at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 10:07:37 EST 2004

During NAQP-SSB the sound card voice keyer worked great, for a while.
As time went on a press of a function key would key the radio and after a bit
the message would start transmitting. As the contest went on the time between
keying the rig and the message starting got longer and longer. When the delay
got to about 3 seconds I abandoned the voice keyer.
During a break I rebooted the computer and everything was back to normal for
a while and then the delay kept creeping up again. Again rebooting the
computer fixed the problem.

Is this a memory problem (not enough)? Or is WL failing to release some
resources?
Or is something else going on here??

I bought WL mainly because of the sound card dvk and use in RTTY contests. It
seems to work fine in RTTY.

Thanks,
Don - K4BEV