[WriteLog] Error message "Can't open soundcard (-1)"

N5OHL at aol.com N5OHL at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 20:19:37 EST 2004

I have been trying for several days to setup MMTTY to run with Writelog.
After reading everything on installation and setup of MMTTY for Writelog
from the rttycontesting.com web page several times, I am at a total stop. I
can run MMTTY all by itself with no problem there. I ran the ARRL RTTY
roundup with MMTTY by itself. Writelog works fine by itself. I have followed
the instructions for the MMTTY plug-in for Writelog. I am running Writelog
version 10.44B dated December 2003 and MMTTY version 1.65.

In Writelog when I try to open a RTTY window, an error message pop's up that
says
   "Can't open sound card (-1)".
Any help would be appreciated.

Jim N5OHL