[WriteLog] RTTY Questions

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Sun Jan 25 07:00:56 EST 2004

John,

I sure do read that way, but I make the choice of when the page turns - not=
 the book!

If some people prefer this "feature", that's fine, but I totally dislike it=
.  It's unnerving to see the letters coming in, get to the bottom of the sc=
reen, and poof - where'd they go?  Oh it's coming in at the top again.  Sin=
ce I'm an old terminal user, where the text keeps going, and going, and goi=
ng, and going, I would strongly prefer to keep it that way.  I want to redu=
ce the amount of eye movement while I'm operating.  If the new text always =
appeared on the bottom line of that screen, it would be a whole lot easier =
to focus on it.

All modem programs that I am aware of since 300 baud days, worked the way I=
 would like it to be.  Most Packet Terminal programs work that way too.  Ev=
en Writelog's packet screen always displays at the bottom of the window.

To be honest, to me, this "feature" is just plain annoying.

Bob N5NJ