[WriteLog] CQ WW 160 CW - Robot Problem - Writelog

Al Burnham (K6RIM) k6rim at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 25 14:46:58 EST 2004

To 160 M CW Contesters using Writelog:

Usually, my contest submissions to robots are quick, easy, and no problem.

Not so with CQ WW 160 CW, and the reasons were:

1.  The correct e-mail address to send your log is: 160cw at kkn.net (there
was a lot of wrong info about the address).

2.  In your Cabrillo submission, the category should NOT contain the word
"CW" ("CW" is automatically inserted into the Cabrillo log by the Writelog
software and, apparently this causes a problem).

3. Here is the real bugger:  In your Cabrillo submission, your ARRL Section
should be shown as your state ... in my case, CA.  There were a couple of
problems here: (1) When creating the Cabrillo file in Writelog, CA was not
an available choice.  My ARRL section is SF, so that is what I chose.  Of
course, this is not an ARRL contest.  Once I made the change in No. 2,
above, and ALSO changed my section to CA, the robot (finally!) accepted my
log.

Conclusions:

A. Writelog needs to be modified to deal with No. 2 and 3, above.
B. The robot needs to give an error message to indicate "wrong
section."  My error report indicated that there was a problem with my
category, but mentioned nothing about my section being in error.

73,

Al, K6RIM

Albert C. Burnham
409 Summit Drive