[WriteLog] RTTY WRITE STILL NOT WORKING!

DON BENSON dabenson at verizon.net
Mon Jul 5 19:44:04 EDT 2004

I was advised by a couple people that maybe I did not get any help because I
sent the first 2 requests with all capital letters. I wrote them that way
because it is easier for me to type all caps but more importantly, much
easier for me to read it.

Anyway, I have been using the same computer, radio, and Writelog system for
a few years and always worked fb. I contest mostly rtty, therefor use the
rittywrite with mtty. When I select the particular contest module, it loads
(including the rttywrite window and mtty window), but, an error box pops up
stating "unable to open sound card (-1)".

I am able to use mtty alone and have no problem with the sound card, and the
ini file in the stand alone mtty has the same statement as writelog
regarding the soundcard (-1).

I guess I am not sure if rttywrite is trying to open the card or if mtty is
the one.

As you can see, I am not very computer literate. I really need some help
with this!

My thoughts now are to backup the writelog files and databases, uninstall
writelog , and reinstall.

I will wait on that until I do/do not receive some suggestions.

73,
DON - WN1OTV