[WriteLog] IARU contest bug for multiplier

Michael Chen,BD5RV bd5rv at jsdxc.org
Mon Jul 12 22:35:47 EDT 2004

Hi,
         As I am doing post contest check for my log, I found that
XX9ARM(ARM) and ER7HQ(ARM) were count as the same multiplier. This is
definitely wrong since XX9 is Macau and ER7 is Moldova. I think the same
problem will occur if someone logged Monaco HQ, since there are 3 IARU
member societies using ARM as their abbreviation.
         I did a quick search on this mailing list and found that this bug
was reported in year 2000, but my writelog is 10.41b, labeled in July of
2003. Is this bug fixed now? I think a combination of HQ abbreviation and
country name (get it from callsign) would be a better solution for judging a
multiplier, since HQ abbreviation is not unique.

Michael Chen,BD5RV