[WriteLog] CW keying via COM1 port help needed?

Tim Lemmon wk4u at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 22 19:58:56 EDT 2004

I am setting up a couple CW stations for Field Day this weekend.

After getting everything hooked up, the radio talks to the program just
fine.  (I can see the current frequency I am tuned to on the computer
screen), and I can configure the program to send CW via the COM1
port.  Problem is, when it transmits, it only keys the rig, but doesn't
actually transmit any RF.  The paddles hooked to each radio work
fine.  Both rigs are in the CW mode with VOX turned on.  Both sets of comm
cables have all 9 wires configured correctly.

Could I just be looking at an .INI file modification?

PLEASE don't flame me if this has been addressed in the past.  I looked at
two months worth of archives and didn't find anything on this particular
subject, and am helping a bigger Field Day group with these rigs

Thank you for your positive input.

-Tim, WK4U
wk4u at mindspring.com