[WriteLog] Squirrely Keying Redux

arholub arholub at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 23 16:38:28 EDT 2004

Now think I have tried everything.

Dell 3800 Laptop, Windows ME, WriteLog 10.47E

Still get squirrely keying.  Built an opto-isolator series keyer to go along with my parallel keyer.  Both caused same problem.  Characters "slur."  Not everytime, but enough to make it unusable for field day.

Downloaded a dos version of CT and have the same problem.

Have tried grounding, ungrounding, low power, no power, high power, battery only operation and anything else I can think of.

Now there are only two variables left: the Dell laptop and Windows ME.

Am waiting for a friend to bring over another laptop to see if that works.

Both WriteLog and CT work flawlessly on my desktop under both WindowsXP and Windows 98SE.

This is for info only because I am going to give up on this laptop.

Thanks for all the good replies.  Seriously waiting until one of the respondents tries the new USB keyer.

Doc
WA6OGO

Visit our web site, www.arholub.com, to get the latest news, computer class information and Orange Coast College marine course information.