[WriteLog] New download for old log

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Sun Mar 21 11:46:08 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/20/2004 4:59:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
DBellW6AQ at aol.com writes:
I failed to do the new CTY download before the ARRL DX Phone contest and
worked it using whatever was in the computer.  Now I've downloaded the latest
CTY
file.  How do I make my old log "see" the new download?  Thanks in advance.
Dave, W6AQ

Dave,

Be sure to put your new CTY file into the c:\ham\programs directory.  Then go
to Windows START I PROGRAMS and find the "WRITELOG V10" menu of programs.
Select and run the "Convert CTY to WriteLog" program.  It will convert the CTY
file to the format required by WriteLog.

Now here is the rest of the story:  The "Convert CTY to WriteLog" program
looks into the c:\ham\programs directory to find the CTY file to convert.  If the
new CTY file is not there, it will convert the previous version, and you will
never see the change when you go into WriteLog.

I found this out the hard way!!!

73, George

George Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450