[WriteLog] Log entry line blanking out

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Sun Mar 21 12:09:46 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/20/2004 2:16:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rradiohham1 at earthlink.net writes:
I just upgraded to Writelog v10.46.g on both of my computers. And trying
to do the BARTG contest.
I am now having a problem with not being able to enter a contact,
When I enter the serial number, sometimes the contact call sign goes
blank, and sometimes it does not happen until I enter the time, but either
way, everything goes blank in log window, I am not able to enter the contact
in the log. This is only occurring on the computer with Win XP Home, the other
computer with Win 98ME seems to work ok. I tried reloading v10.46g on the
computer, with the same results. I had to reinstall v10.42c to get things working
again.

Has there been others with this problem?

Vince,K6BIR

Vince,

I have been experiencing a similar problem.

About a month ago, I experienced the following problem on two different
laptops:  In the DXpedition contest module, if I entered a "7" in either RST field,
the log entry line would immediately wipe out as if pushing F11.  I easily
got around the problem by simply not entering a "57" or "579", but not after
losing a few QSOs in the log.  I used the ARRL DX Contest module for the ARRL DX
CW Contest and did not experience a similar problem, so I suspected it had
something to do with the DXpeditio module or, perhaps, the laptops.  Both laptops
were running Win98SE, and WL V10.45M.

I am now running WL V10.46G on a Win98SE desktop machine and have discovered
a similar problem:  Entering a "1" or "7" from the number keypad (on the right
hand side of the kbd) will cause the log line to wipe out.  Entering a "1" or
"7" from the number keys across the top of the keys will NOT cause the log
line to wipe out.  I tried a different keyboard, and the same thing happens with
both.

Any ideas, anybody?

George Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450