[WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] New Turtle Beach Sound Cards

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Sun Mar 21 20:58:36 EST 2004

Speaking of sound card tests, my IBM 600E laptop's internal sound card pass=
es all tests, and can do anything with Writelog.  The reason that I mention=
 this, is that these IBM 600E's are being surplused all over the place, and=
 are relatively cheap, and make an excellent expedition computer.  Accessor=
ies for them are not too expensive, and are in great supply through sources=
 like eBay and others.

It does not have built-in Ethernet, so you'll need a PCMCIA network card.  =
It does have one USB port, one serial port, and one LPT port.  The other ni=
ce part about IBM laptops is that the let you use an external keyboard and =
mouse at the same time with a simple splitter device.

For the very few of you who recently worked me on RTTY as V26O, you were be=
ing copied on my 600E and hearing the FSK RTTY it generated.  (SASE please!=
)

73,
Bob =

N5NJ / V26O

, "Writelog List" <writelog at contesting.com>
> Date: Sun, Mar-21-2004 8:42 PM
> Subject: [WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] New Turtle Beach Sound Cards
> =

> My Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, ver 5 got a 7b
> Telling me that Writelog failed to find a wave mute switch on the output =
mixer.
> It will not be possible to automatically route your mic through your soun=
d board to two
> radios on the L/R sound board outputs.
> =

> Your sound bard does allow Writelog to automatically switch the mic for S=
HIFT+F key