[WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] New Turtle Beach Sound Cards

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Mon Mar 22 12:34:30 EST 2004

All sound cards afectionados,

I thought we were getting GOOD reports on the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card?
A 7b does not sound good to me? What is the truth?

I saw so many obvious bit errors in the BARTG that I was ready to go order
a Santa Cruz today to try.

Unusual amount of bit errors, about half of the weak stations got my call
as w1ihg/4. Judging from the other errors I saw, the errors were likely in
decoding on my end.  The clone windows saved the day, but then I got 4
different versions of a serial number at times, HI

Lots of missing letters. (due to sound card ??????)

Jerry, W6IHG

At 08:42 PM 3/21/2004 -0600, FireBrick wrote:
>My Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, ver 5 got a 7b
>Telling me that Writelog failed to find a wave mute switch on the output
>mixer.
>It will not be possible to automatically route your mic through your sound
>board to two
>radios on the L/R sound board outputs.
>
>Your sound bard does allow Writelog to automatically switch the mic for
>SHIFT+F key
>recording and back to the line input for tape loop recording.
>
>your sound board does support simultaneous play and record, It will
>support WinRTTY on two
>radios
>
>YOUR SOUND BOARD DOES NOT SUPPORT FULL TWO-RADIO OPERATION.
>
>That's good news to my wife, I cause enough tvi with one radio......

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net