[WriteLog] Problems with W/L 10.46g

Vince rradiohham1 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 22 14:13:46 EST 2004

I sent the following message the other day;

I just upgraded to Writelog v10.46g on both of my computers. And trying
to do the BARTG contest.
I am now having a problem with not being able to enter a contact,
When I enter the serial number, sometimes the contact call sign goes
blank, and sometimes it does not happen until I enter the time, but either
way, everything goes blank in log window, I am not able to enter the contact in the log. This is only occurring on the computer with Win XP Home, the other computer with Win 98ME seems to work ok. I tried reloading v10.46g on the computer, with the same results. I had to reinstall v10.42c to get things working again.

Has there been others with this problem?

I now have some time to look at it again.

What is happening is, when entering the serial number and time via the
number keypad on the keyboard, the log window goes blank, but when
entering the information via the key board numbers the log enters as it
should. I always have used the keypad for entering the number part of an exchange. Is there a way to make Writelog work with the keypad with
V10.46g?

I tried loading V10.44c, and it works ok with the keypad, but when using V10.46g
the keypad does not work. I have reloaded Writelog using the download version from Writelog web site, as well the new disk that Ron sent me. And I have checked the Writelog.ini file to see if there was something there that was changed, but did not find any changes.

Anyone with ideas for this.

Thanks,
Vince, K6BIR