[WriteLog] TS-480S Rig Control Woes
Mike McCarthy, W1NR
lists at w1nr.net
Thu Nov 11 08:06:55 EST 2004
Have you tried a plain ordinary non-USB serial port? Do you have the
latest drivers for the USB hardware from the manufacturer?
From: writelog-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:writelog-bounces at contesting.com]On Behalf Of Eric Hilding
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 12:00 AM
To: writelog at contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] TS-480S Rig Control Woes
1. I installed a dual-USB serial port device COM3 & COM4) & connected a
serial cable to my TS-480S
2. I upgraded to WL 10.50D
3. I loaded WL and selected (Setup | Ports). Only "Kenwood" & "Kenwood
TS-850" show as Kenwood options
4. I tried both Kenwood options
5. I tried 4800 baud and 9600 baud
6. I tried 1 stop bit and 2 stop bits
7. I tried various combinations of 4, 5 & 6
8. In each situation, I get "NO RIG" showing in the lower left hand
9. If I click on "NO RIG" (which yields the Logging/Duping Frequency
et.al. dialog box), and type in 14250, click the USB radio button,
Log the frequency of qsos "rig on COMM3", click the SET button and then
click the "OK" button, I hear a beep and the TS-480S goes to 14250.
10. The "NO RIG" control button in the lower left hand corner of WL
says "NO RIG" (and of course, the "R" inside the Green Circle is there
(also in #8 above, actually).
11. Tuning the VFO dial on the TS-480S yields zip squat.
12. Frustration is a *mild* word for where I'm at.
Any help is appreciated.
Tnx & 73...
WriteLog mailing list
WriteLog at contesting.com
WriteLog on the web: http://www.writelog.com/
More information about the WriteLog