[WriteLog] TS-480S Rig Control Woes
dx35 at hilding.com
Wed Nov 10 23:59:48 EST 2004
1. I installed a dual-USB serial port device COM3 & COM4) & connected a
serial cable to my TS-480S
2. I upgraded to WL 10.50D
3. I loaded WL and selected (Setup | Ports). Only "Kenwood" & "Kenwood
TS-850" show as Kenwood options
4. I tried both Kenwood options
5. I tried 4800 baud and 9600 baud
6. I tried 1 stop bit and 2 stop bits
7. I tried various combinations of 4, 5 & 6
8. In each situation, I get "NO RIG" showing in the lower left hand corner
9. If I click on "NO RIG" (which yields the Logging/Duping Frequency
et.al. dialog box), and type in 14250, click the USB radio button, choose
Log the frequency of qsos "rig on COMM3", click the SET button and then
click the "OK" button, I hear a beep and the TS-480S goes to 14250.
10. The "NO RIG" control button in the lower left hand corner of WL still
says "NO RIG" (and of course, the "R" inside the Green Circle is there
(also in #8 above, actually).
11. Tuning the VFO dial on the TS-480S yields zip squat.
12. Frustration is a *mild* word for where I'm at.
Any help is appreciated.
Tnx & 73...
More information about the WriteLog