[WriteLog] New user with problems

Alan Jubb - 5B4AHJ g3pmr at shacklog.co.uk
Sun Nov 21 04:35:30 EST 2004

Hi again

A couple of people have told me that they have experienced the same problem,
and that it seems to be PC-specific. The suggested solution is to use
DirectIO rather than UserPort.

Before I installed UserPort, I created a system restore point. I have now
rolled back to that point, and WL is now running again.

I have installed an evaluation copy of Direct IO. I have set the active I/O
port to 378-37F. I have set the security settings to allow WL32.EXE access
to the DirectIO driver. I have verified that the driver is running using NET
START.

When I go to WL's PORT SETUP menu, LPT1 (and other LPTs) are still greyed
out.
Can anyone suggest what else I have to do to get access to LPT1 for keying?

Thanks
Alan Jubb 5B4AHJ - P3J