[WriteLog] CW keying w/Mark V Field

Kelly Jones kjones at sullivan1.com
Fri Nov 26 13:11:23 EST 2004

Hello fellow WL users,

I have an issue that I'm sure is an easy fix, but looking through the
archives I've not found an answer.

Our group has decided to try CQWW this weekend and use WL as the CW
keyer.  We will be using a 1000 Mark V Field as the rig.  The serial
interface is built and seems to be polling the rig for freq just
fine.  However, the issue we are having is that the rig keys fine for the
first character of a letter, then goes back into RX.  For instance, the rig
keys, sends a "dit" or "dah", then returns to RX and continues sending the
rest of the 'message'.

I found a couple other posting stating the same problem, but never saw any
resolution.

In the setup I have the following checked/set:

Under Ports:
CW on COM1,
Rig Type = Yaesu FT-1KMP
Baud Rate = Auto
Poll = checked
Comm PTT = Sync (had it to Yes but didn't make any difference)
All Mode PTT on CW port RTS = checked
CW Keyer type = PC generates

Under CW PTT:
Command rig on COM port = checked

I have fiddled with the PTT to CW delay.  This seems to key the rig for the
amount of time I put in there before it starts sending any CW, but again,
after the first character it puts the rig back in to RX.  WL version = 10.48F.

If I use the VOX, I can run in QSK mode, but I don't want to do
that.  Shouldn't the rig stay keyed until the 'message' has finished sending?

Thanks for any help in the 11th hour!

73
Kelly - N0VD