[WriteLog] Writelog Problems

Robert Carroll rlcarroll at patmedia.net
Sat Oct 2 20:44:40 EDT 2004

Steve-

This is the same problem I have been in communication with Ron about.  I
cannot change modes without crashing the system.  Depending on just what
sequence I use I can get the run time error you get or a "RTTYRite MFC has
encountered and error and must exit."  Based on a request I have made for
info form others on the reflector who are experiencing this error, it
appears ALL have changed to SP2 just before seeing it.  It's not certain yet
but I made a case to Ron that it seems very likely this is an issue that has
arisen because of SP2.  In playing around here I have found exactly the same
behavior on 3 very different machines, all running SP2.  Interestingly
enough I revived a 10.3 era package from 2002 I believe and it does not show
the behavior.  The problem makes it very difficult to change to cw or to
change to different RTTY configurations, so I am hoping there will be a
solution soon.  One workaround seems to be to wipe out the RITTY section of
the ini file, restart (probably reboot) and set up RTTTRite using AFSK.  But
NEVER try to switch to another RITTY TTU type.  You can switch to a TNC etc,
however.  If you come up with a solution please let me know.

Bob W2WG