[WriteLog] Hal DXP38 to Writelog trouble question

David Ashworth fathom at dslextreme.com
Wed Oct 6 00:13:43 EDT 2004

Hi to all.  I am kind of stumped.  I had to reload the OS on my PC and now
of course, something has changed or I have forgotten something.  I can use
the Hal software fine, so I know the Hal and the PC are ok.  Here is the
trouble I am having - when I try to use the Hal in Writelog to transmit, I
will get some tones but no text in the Rttyrite window and the transmitter
won't turn off.  This was working and I have not changed any connections, so
I am thinking it is some setting.  The OS has not changed versions, it is
the same one as before.  I have selected "DSP-4100 or DXP38" in the  TU
type.  Any ideas?  I have a way around using the HAL for the next contest
but wonder if anyone has run into this before and might have an idea.  Thank
you in advance, best regards, Dave, NC6P.