[WriteLog] port problem fixed

Rsauvan cabmas at chorus.net
Sun Oct 10 16:34:07 EDT 2004

Hi all,
Well we finally figured out the problem of not getting the
Byterunner serial card to work. It turns out that my modem
will not would not work on any com port assignment but 3.
Com 3 in the setup of writelog would never work no matter
what setting I used in ini or anywhere for that matter. I
finally decided to take all pci cards out and just run a bare
bones setup with the bytrunner in place. The writelog
system then worked on all 4 ports. The first pci card I
reinstalled was the modem and then my problems began
again. I put a different modem in the computer and we are
now good to go in all respects. Thanks to all who had
suggestions even though I had already exhausted those.
We will see you in the contests again with a better
computer and a smoother running system.
73-Bob-WT9Q