[WriteLog] Re: Writelog and Packet - Win 98 PC

Irwin Darack irwindarack at comcast.net
Thu Oct 21 22:22:14 EDT 2004

To our Writelog and Computer Experts,

And the saga continues.... using Writelog 10.5, I have been able to network three computers together. Two are running XP and one is running Win 98. I have GAB and Packet working on all machines. When I open the Packet Window on the Win 98 Machine, I get an error that states " unrecognized member name". If I do not close this window, I am able to connect to Packet through the Local Network, see spots and send commands. If I close this error window, the packet Window closes. I am able to get Packet to run on the Win 98 Laptop using Dx4win, so I think this maybe a Writelog problem in how I have things set up?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Irwin KD3TB