[WriteLog] W5XD keyer, footswitch

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 29 12:27:14 EDT 2004

Decided to have a crack at footswitch operation, so dusted down the old f/s
I used to use way before QSK ever existed. I assumed it would key the PTT
line either in CW or SSB, but that does not seem to happen. There doesn't
seem to be anything to set up, but perhaps I am missing summat?

The f/s shorts tip to ground on depression and I assume that is what is
required?

One slight doubt I have is that the 3.5mm jack is actually a stereo plug,
but with only two connections made. I would not have thought that would be a
problem but.....?

Anyone successfully using this feature?

73

Clive