[WriteLog] W5XD keyer, footswitch

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Sun Oct 31 15:45:33 EST 2004

Clive,

I have just used this feature a lot this week end. My foot switch has a
mono plug which I just plug into the Keyer. I don't have a diagram quickly
available but this works fine. The PTT is steered to Radio Left or Radio
Right as the focus changes in WL. The PTT signal is in parallel with other
PTT signals needed.

I just had to check the CW mode also works. I have LPT pin 16 selected in
the CW PTT dialog.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 04:27 PM 10/29/2004 +0000, Clive Whelan wrote:
>Decided to have a crack at footswitch operation, so dusted down the old f/s
>I used to use way before QSK ever existed. I assumed it would key the PTT
>line either in CW or SSB, but that does not seem to happen. There doesn't
>seem to be anything to set up, but perhaps I am missing summat?
>
>The f/s shorts tip to ground on depression and I assume that is what is
>required?
>
>One slight doubt I have is that the 3.5mm jack is actually a stereo plug,
>but with only two connections made. I would not have thought that would be a
>problem but.....?
>

>Anyone successfully using this feature?
>

>73
>

>Clive