[WriteLog] RE: Recording a new message on-the-fly

Bruce Meier n1ln at consolidated.net
Sat Sep 25 07:11:29 EDT 2004

Wayne,

First - Thanks for addressing the numerous messages over the past days.

The ONLY difference that I can see (on my station set up - config below) is
that in earlier versions of WL (I am using 10.45 on one system and 10.47 on
two others) is this:

> When I used to start recording WL would keep the FT1000MP in transmit
until Esc was depressed.
>> Key sequence:
        1. Shift - F1
        2. Start talking (recording)
        3. Stop talking (recording completed) - Rig would stay in TX
        4. Depress ESC (recording stopped - rig dropped out of TX)

> The current observations are as follows:
>> Key sequence:
        1. Shift - F1
        2. Start talking (recording) - Rig will drop out of TX based on VOX
setup
        3. Stop talking (recording completed) - Rig drops out of TX based on
VOX setup
        4. Depress ESC (recording stopped - Rig already out of TX)

I have a prerecorded message in all keys - F1 - F10 and they work fine.  The
above is the ONLY difference that I have noticed - again,..... ON MY
STATION.

Config:

(3) Compaq DeskPros - 500 mhz
WL 10.45 or 10.47 (as stated above)
FT1000MP (2)
FT1000D (1)
Heil ProSets - fed directly into sound board MIC inputs
Soundboard LineOut - through a RadShack isolation xfmr to Phone Patch inputs
of FT1000s.

Sorry that I can not provide any 10.49 comments, but my personal software
release mgmt process will NOT allow me to change revs before a contest.
This weekend is the Texas QSO Party and I will be running Multi-Multi and as
good as WriteLog is - I NEVER UPGRADE this close to a contest.

Monday - - - different story !

73 from Montgomery County Texas

Bruce - N1LN ( K5PTC - Pesky Texan Contesters )