[WriteLog] call quest and alt+ tab

Jim Rhodes k0xu at iowadsl.net
Tue Dec 20 23:19:22 EST 2005

I guess everybody thought you had been paying attention. The first question
was answered here about a day before you asked to great extent by Don. And
I do0n't know where 2 different people in VE2 land came up with the second
one, but I have never seen that used by writelog and I guess nobody else
has either.

Here is Don's previous reply:

Pierre et al. I can answer question 1.
ALT+C (call queue) is used while operating in the RTTY mode. ALT+C brings up a
list of callsigns that were recently highlighted in the Rttyrite window.
Although I do not use this feature, I understand its usefulness.
In one instance, lets say you were running a pileup (on RTTY) with several
stations calling you and more than one call highlighted in the Rttyrite
window.
Each callsign that highlights in the Rttyrite window will appear in the call
queue brought up by ALT+C. After working one station, you could immediately
capture a call off the call queue and work that station, then another, etc.
without having to call QRZ until you have worked all the stations that were
originally calling.
This is facilitated by use a message buffer you create to accomplish this. I
program this message such as this for each RTTY contest:
%R%P1 TU NOW %C 599 LA %E
%P1 is the callsign just logged. %C is the call in the Entry Window.
As an example, let's say VE2CP, K5DJ and W5XD call me at the same time and all
three calls highlight in the Rttyrite window. I choose to work VE2CP first. I
capture the call and send VE2CP a report. VE2CP then sends me a report. Since
the K5DJ and W5XD highlighted callsigns have probably already scrolled off the
Rttyrite screen by then, I can select their calls from the call queue and by
clicking on one of them with the mouse. I would log VE2CP and select K5DJ off
the call queue.
I would then send the message I showed above and it would come out like this.
VE2CP TU NOW K5DJ 599 LA
K5DJ then sends me a report. I log K5DJ and select W5XD from the call queue
and
send my special message buffer again.
K5DJ TU NOW W5XD 599 LA
W5XD send me a report. Since there are no longer any calls in the call
queue, I
can then send my normal QRZ message.
W5XD TU DE AA5AU QRZ?
The call queue can be used in CW but only if the Rttyrite window is used in
conjunction with a sound card in the CW mode.
73, Don AA5AU