[WriteLog] MMTTY Plugin FSK Troubles

The Trench Family cwtrench at sprynet.com
Tue Dec 27 17:40:45 EST 2005

I'm really stuck and frustrated.  I want to run FSK keying.  The symptoms
are that I am unable to get any FSK keying out of COM4 using the MMTTY
Plugin.

I have been successful at getting things to play using the native MMTTY
program, but unsuccessful at getting it to work with the MMTTY plug-in to
Writelog.

I have also been successful at getting things to work when I set the TU TYPE
to Dumb Terminal.

I strongly suspect some type of software setup problem with Writelog,
Rttyrite or the MMTTY plugin, but I can't isolate it.  (Configuration info
is provided below.)

A few other oddities:

I use the LPT for CW and PTT.  (I have use Direct I/O.)  I have disabled
Direct I/O, but something is still operating the PTT function.

I have been successful at getting the MMTTY plug-in to play through COM1.

Any thoughts or advice?

73 Bud AA3B

Here is the configuration information:

Writelog version: 10.55D
MMTTY version: 1.65D
OS: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
USB to Serial Adapter: Keyspan UPR 112
ComPort 4

Writelog:

Port Setup Menu - What is connected? settings for COM4:
Rig Type = No Rig
Baud Rate = Auto
Poll is checked
Comm PTT = Yes

Rttyrite:

Port: COM4 checked
MMTTY RTTY Control Panel Options Miscellaneous Tab:
Sound + COM-TxD (FSK) checked
USB Port A: Normal
TU Type: MMTTY