[WriteLog] RTTY Help

Dean Wood n6de at comcast.net
Fri Dec 30 23:55:45 EST 2005

Hi Fred,

If I understand your situation correctly, you're trying to use COM1 to
perform both rig control and FSK RTTY keying in Writelog through your
Rigblaster Pro.

You cannot perform both functions on the same serial port.  You need to
configure rig control on port A and FSK keying on port B of your
Rigblaster Pro, and connect both these to your serial ports on your
computer.  In Writelog's Setup Ports, select one COM port for rig
control.  In the Rttyrite window, select the other COM port for FSK
keying.  Do you have more than one serial port on your computer?  If you
only have one, you'll need to connect the port for FSK keying to your
native serial port, and use a USB-serial port converter for rig control.
  Then you'll accordingly need to configure Writelog's Setup Ports to
assign rig control to the new COM port created by the USB-serial converter.

You also need to make a jumper adjustment on the Rigblaster Pro for
this.  See page 29 of the Rigblaster Pro manual and configure P16 on
your Rigblaster Pro as per diagram #2.
http://www.westmountainradio.com/pdf/RIGblaster pro.pdf

Hope this helps.  See you in the RTTY Roundup!

73...
-Dean - N6DE