[WriteLog] CW keying on LPT1 with XP Pro

Nicholas Roy Smith nrsmith at citlink.net
Thu Feb 3 00:05:27 EST 2005

I have read several of the emails discussing the lack of being able to accomplish setting up cw keying with windows XP.  My question is it just too much trouble and should I use a comport rather that a parallel port.  I have tried all afternoon to get it to work and have had no luck.

Also what about using one of the sound card keyers, such as a rigblaster or MFJ, or etc.,.?

With my old computer and windows 98 the radio (FT-1000d) keyed just fine and I didn't have to change any .ini settings.

Please offer any suggestions so I can get this thing going again.

Nick
W4GKM