[WriteLog] Problems with Rig Control of 756Pro

Richard Crouch rcrouch at apr.com
Sat Feb 12 02:58:44 EST 2005

I use DXLab for my primary logging, spotting, etc software.  Rig control of the 756PRO works great using COM4 and  a Radio Shack serial to USB adapter for the port on the computer.

When I run WriteLog, however, rig control using the same port does not work.  A clue, perhaps - it doesn't say "No Radio" in the lower left of the QSO entry window, but rather it says "kHzFSK."  I.e., it is sort of working, but it's not.

I have confirmed that Writelog.ini has the correct radio, COM port and radio address, 64h for the 756PRO.  The baud rate is set for 9600 in WL, in the 756Pro and on the computer for that port.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Dick
N6RC

Richard Crouch