[WriteLog] NO LPT CW Keying

Stan Staten stan.staten at verizon.net
Thu Jan 6 16:57:07 EST 2005

Yes it is, but to get it to stay checked, I need some sort of CW port
keying set.  Setting it to COM2 does this since I cannot check an LPT
port.  If COM2 (or and LPT port) is not checked, setting PC generates
does not stay that way (i.e. it is not set when I look next time no
matter how I left it).  I have tried all the usual things and some
unusual.  One user told me about a problem he had with one greyed item
he could not get enabled, but did work fine after he had a crash and
reformatted the HD and reinstalled the OS.  I uninstalled and
re-installed WL several times.  I deleted the ini file and let WL start
a new one, etc.  The last time I uninstalled WL I set a restore point
and then went into the registry and deleted all the stuff in the WL
section.  Now that it is reinstalled, the greyed out CW LPT port choices
are still greyed out but now RTTYWRITE loads twice.   What a pain this
is.  I don't really want to give up on WL but am getting close.  I did
install N1MM and actually like some features better, but would really
miss the burst CW copy capability in WL.  I have been trying to fix this
off-and-on for several months and it is getting really old.  Some folks
have told me that this was one reason they went to N1MM.  If N1MM and
DX4WIN didn't seem to work with LPT1 CW keying as well as WL on my
LapTop, I would just give up, but with them working OK, seems like there
has to be something wrong in my WL setup if I can only find it.

73 Stan, N3HS